NewAE Technology Inc. is a start-up based in Halifax. NewAE Technology has an office located near Gottingen St. & Young St.
NewAE Technology Inc. develops open-source hardware and software solutions for performing security analysis of embedded computer systems. You can see our open-source project at ChipWhisperer.com (with source at https://www.github.com/newaetech/chipwhisperer), and some of our current hardware products at http://store.newae.com. Interest in hardware security is a strong asset (including participation at conferences such as AtlSecCon, Blackhat, and DEFCON).
As a very small company, applicants should expect to perform tasks beyond their core competency. Please be sure to list additional experiences and skills beyond those asked for, as everything from graphic design to web programming to experience with exporting/shipping/inventory are assets.
Please see below for open positions. If we do not have any open positions, we are always interested in hearing from exceptional candidates. Please email email@example.com with a copy of your resume and any other additional information that would be useful (such as GitHub repositories, examples of other work) if interested.
Job Location: Halifax, N.S.
- Small scale production of printed circuit assemblies (PCA) including:
- Stencil printing.
- Pick-n-Place Machine Setup & Operation.
- Reflow oven Setup & Operation.
- Hot air & soldering iron rework.
- Board cleaning, inspection, and testing.
- Document assembly processes and create procedures for manufacturing process.
- Board bring-up and prototype assembly, including troubleshooting.
- Mechanical assembly (enclosures, custom inductor winding, etc).
- Management of production (inventory, communicating with suppliers & vendors, documentation, etc).
- PCB layout, panelization, and optimization for manufacturing.
- Equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and optimization.
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or Diploma in Electronic Engineering Technician or Electronic Engineering Technology.
- WHMIS, First Aid/CPR.
- Computer programming/scripting considered an asset (e.g., Python).
- Knowledge of analog and digital electronics.
- Soldering (through-hole and surface mount) experience.
- Electronics manufacturing or assembly experience considered an asset.
Attributes and Competencies:
- Ability to follow, and enforce safe work procedures.
- Strong ability to organize daily tasks and work within defined timelines to meet operational requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work independently.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.