NewAE Technology Inc. is a start-up based in Halifax, and looking to expand its team with a full-time position. NewAE Technology has an office located near Gottingen St. & Young St.
NewAE Technology Inc. develops open-source hardware and software solutions for performing security analysis of embedded computer systems. You can see our open-source project at ChipWhisperer.com (with source at https://www.github.com/newaetech/chipwhisperer), and some of our current hardware products at http://store.newae.com. Interest in hardware security is a strong asset (including participation at conferences such as AtlSecCon, Blackhat, and DEFCON).
As a very small company, applicants should expect to perform tasks beyond their core competency. Please be sure to list additional experiences and skills beyond those asked for, as everything from graphic design to web programming to experience with exporting/shipping/inventory are assets.
FULL STACK DEVELOPER
- Design and implementation of new website (frontend/backend) in suitable language which features customer registration, billing, display/searching of data, etc.
- Design of interactive graphing for new website (similar to https://plot.ly/~coflynn/0 for example).
- Design of parallel computing architecture, preferably using cloud service such as EC2, based on Python code.
- Documentation of code and interfaces.
- Management of related open-source projects (ChipWhisperer).
- Customer support and bug tracking (including managing support tickets).
- Maintenance/update of other NewAE websites.
- 3+ years of Python experience (ideally production server environment)
- 6+ years of Linux server setup/maintenance, including security hardening.
- 4+ years of website backend design (with some front-end experience).
- Django framework experience an asset, as expected to use this framework for our design.
- Parallel computing experience on Amazon EC2 or similar a strong asset.
- Security hardening of overall systems.
Hours are flexible – we pay based on hourly rates allowing you to slide work hours around. We are looking to fill this position immediately and plan on having significant work available (i.e., a full work week).
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with copy of resume and other additional information that would be useful (such as GitHub repositories, examples of other work).